Canvas ePortfolio Rich Text Content Editor and Images

Jump to solution
Alexandria_1
Community Explorer

Greetings Canvas Community,

I am resigned to the fact that Canvas will likely not make the rich context editor in the Canvas pages the same as the ePortfolio. With that said, I was wondering if there is a way images can be embedded using the rich text content editor in the Canvas ePortfolios? With new updates, the original icon for doing this is no longer present in the toolbar. 

Attached is a visual of the old Canvas ePortfolio rich text content editor. 

I am aware of the image/file upload in the Canvas ePortfolios, but I liked the prior option to embed images into the rich text content editor because images could be adjusted on the rich text content page. 

Thanks for your time!

Alexandria

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@Chris_Hofer Thanks for your time in responding to my question. 

I am familiar with Portfolium but appreciate your time in sharing the resource. On a side note, I prefer the simplicity of the Canvas ePortfolio.

I was just looking to see if there was a workaround way of adding an image to the Canvas ePortfolio using the rich text content editor. I am working on updating instructions for students on how to add images to the ePortfolio in noticing the rich text content editor has changed in the ePortfolio. It looks like the answer might be that the only way to add images is by using the Image/File upload link.

The magic question I acknowledge can't be answered is why Canvas changed the Portfolio rich text content editor. Or, the reason Canvas didn't make the rich text content editor the same in the ePortfolio as in the Canvas pages. 😪

View solution in original post