Canvas for Elementary- Missing Items from Prior Term Appearing on Schedule View

Jump to solution
bludlow
Community Explorer

Our 1st term has closed in Canvas.  I expected that assignments from first term that were missing would no longer appear as missing items on the student's schedule view.

However, those assignments still appear as missing.  For the purpose of keeping accurate records I want the assignments to be marked as missing in the gradebook.  However, I do not think there is much use in having items from prior terms appear as missing when the student cannot submit them because the term is closed.

I am not certain if I am asking for a new feature or if this is just a coding issue that is still in the works.

Thank you 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @bludlow 
Thanks for posting in the community. 

There is an internal situation we have an open ticket engineering is working on right now, where the current grading period is not being applied to the elementary themed dashboards.

We are working on fixing this for mobile iOS app versions, and to be updated with the fix in iOS Student 6.14.2. If you are wanting to receive updates regarding this situation, or if you are seeing this on other devices other than the iOS student app I would suggest reaching out to support.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post