Canvas for iPad: Typing in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution
AllenShull
Community Member

I updated my iPad Pro to the latest version of iPadOS, version 16.1. After this, the Canvas Teacher iPad app (version 1.18.0) is showing strange behavior. Whenever I go to type comments onto an essay in SpeedGrader, the document I’m typing on shifts location—moving up about a quarter of a screen—while also blanking out any information below a certain level. In practice, this sometimes means that when I start typing, I’m specifically prevented from seeing anything that I’m typing. This is a clear bug. I am using the Apple Magic Keyboard attached to my iPad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @AllenShull 

Thanks for posting this in the global Instructure Community! 

I am sorry that you are seeing this issue when grading on your iOS device. I did not see that there was anything listed on this in the Known issues page for Canvas. 

I have not experienced this issue myself... but if you are consistently seeing it happen, it might be best to contact Support and have them take a closer look. They might need to have you provide them with a screen recording of the issue and any links to where it is happening so that they can attempt to replicate the behavior. 

Let us know what you find out on this! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes