cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akelleman
Community Member

Canvas garbage can?

Jump to solution

How do I recover a document (file) from the Canvas garbage can?  Slip of hand, I deleted the wrong document, of which I do not have a copy.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akelleman ‌,

This guide should help you out if you are an instructor in the course Undeleting things in Canvas.

Please let me know if that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akelleman ‌,

This guide should help you out if you are an instructor in the course Undeleting things in Canvas.

Please let me know if that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

It was worth a try, but did not recover my needed document. Thanks for the information.

Audrey A. Kelleman, DVM

Hi  @akelleman ‌,

Before I share a couple of other ideas, can you please confirm for me that you are a teacher (not a student). I have a couple of ideas, but, would like to confirm that first.

Cheers,
Stuart

Not a student, confirmed.

One of the other faculty had a duplicate copy and uploaded, so we are good.

Audrey A. Kelleman, DVM

Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists (animal reproduction)

Clinical Assistant Professor

UF College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL

Howdy Audrey,

Great to hear, for future reference, have a chat with your School Canvas Administrators, they may be able to give you access to your Beta and Test environments. Beta is cloned weekly with Test cloned every three weeks (provided Canvas hosts your school).

That is a good backup avenue to check the Beta site to see if files are still there that you need to get back (provided they have been there longer than a week).

Glad to hear you got it all sorted!

Cheers,
Stuart