Canvas iOS app profile picture upload error (Canvas Teacher V.1.17.0)

Jump to solution
ToriC
Community Member

I've got to know that profile pictures uploaded via web version will give you a blurry picture although the original photo is in high resolution within the suggested file size. Several on this forum suggested I use the mobile version instead, to get clear pictures. However, whenever I try to change my profile picture on the mobile app (I've tried it on both iPhone and iPad) it gives me this error message:

"There was an unexpected error. Please try again."

No matter how many times I try, it shows the same message. It's the same for the Student app too. I've constantly been checking app updates on App Store--but none is available. Is there anyone who's having the same issue, or who knows any possible solution to this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @ToriC 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with uploading a profile picture on the app. It has been an issue over the past few weeks  and  Canvas has developed a fix for it. However, the upcoming release will be version 6.18.0. When it is released, you can update  the app and it should work as intended. You can check for it here: 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases/tkb-p/canvas-release 

View solution in original post