Canvas keeps scrolling to the top every 10 seconds, and it's driving me insane

Jump to solution
nvp0003
Community Novice

Please watch the video first.

If you're using Safari and on a page with a rubric, Canvas will reliably scroll to the top every 10 seconds. I haven't been able to reproduce this on Chrome.

The culprit seems to be this function in the rubric implementation. Line 14 (not the actual line in the source code) in particular. This function is executed every 10 seconds, which causes the page to scroll to the top every 10 seconds.

originalSizeRatings() {
const e = b()(".rubric:not(.rubric_summary) .criterion:visible")
if (e.length) {
const i = b.a.windowScrollTop()
e.each((function() {
const e = b()(this),
i = e.find(".ratings:visible")
if (i.length) {
const r = i.find(".rating .container").css("height", ""),
t = Math.max(i.height(), e.find(".criterion_description .container .description_content").height())
r.css("height", t - 10 + "px")
}
}))
pe.htmlBody.scrollTop(i)
}
},‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

It's been happening for a month or two now. I don't think I've seen it happen on non-rubric pages. Please let me know if you need any more information!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @nvp0003  Thank You for your discussion.

It seems you aren't alone in experiencing this. My assignment pages on canvas keeps jumping to the top automatically 

I'm just checking in to see if you have submitted a Support Ticket with Canvas Support.

If they see these coming in with similar issues it will help them to see the pattern and hopefully find a fix quicker.

• To submit a Support Ticket simply click the Help button at the bottom left of the Canvas screen.
  • Then click Report a Problem to fill in the fields about the issue.

In the meantime may I suggest that you double check that your browsers are well supported and up to date.

Check your device compatibility: What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?  
Check your browser compatibility: Which browsers does Canvas support? 

Note that *Internet Explorer 11 is not a supported browser.*

I hope this is resolved for you soon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes