Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarRod

Canvas layout change in iOS?

Jump to solution

Hi! This is a very minor issue, but I figured I would ask. My canvas app on my iphone recently changed the class "dashboard" view to be stacked rectangles (picture attached), rather than the squares where I could see every class at once. I'm not sure what caused the change, but is there a way to change it back?

Thank you!

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MariaKlariza

I prefer the card overview for my dashboard on Canvas. Is there a way for me to change it back on iOs?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Yes, this was an update with the most recent version of Canvas Student. If you'd like to join the conversation requesting to return it to the previous layout, please join the discussion occurring at iOS Canvas Student Course View.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

I wanted to share that the Mobile Team's PM shared a blog and provided some details as to why the change happened. I hope the insight is helpful!

Mobile Dashboard and Accessibility 

6 Replies
MariaKlariza

I prefer the card overview for my dashboard on Canvas. Is there a way for me to change it back on iOs?

0 Kudos
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Yes, this was an update with the most recent version of Canvas Student. If you'd like to join the conversation requesting to return it to the previous layout, please join the discussion occurring at iOS Canvas Student Course View.

Absolutely! Thank you!

Kailey-B

Hi, sorry if this is posting twice. It said it didn’t post the first time. I would also like the dashboard layout to be changed back to how it was with the blocks if possible or even an option to switch. Thanks! 

Hi @Kailey-B …

You’ll want to participate in the discussion using the link that @KristinL provided above.  That way, you can give that particular Feature Idea a star rating and also provide feedback to Instructure on why this would be important to you within in the app.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

I wanted to share that the Mobile Team's PM shared a blog and provided some details as to why the change happened. I hope the insight is helpful!

Mobile Dashboard and Accessibility