cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_dabelstein
Community Member

Canvas not rendering properly inside MS Teams

Hi

We have successfulyl been using a tab in MS Teams to link to our instance of Canvas ....we find this invaluable in tying together our various systems. Every thing was working fine until this weekend when Canvas stopped rendering properly inside of the Teams shell.

We have tried other SSO websites and they all seem to be fine in Teams so from what I can gather this seems to be something in Canvas that has changed. It happens regardless of the course or team.

Here is a video in case anyone can assist or has a similar issue.

https://brisbanegrammarcom-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/greg_dabelstein_brisbanegrammar_com/EdIN... 

regards

Greg

8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@greg_dabelstein , To get you more help/support on this I’ve shared your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=fb20119b-24e9-4da6-a728-...‌ and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins?sr=search&searchId=85165d92-e306-42b0-a28e-3259530492f...‌ groups on the Community. Something else you might consider is contacting Canvas Support and your CSM to see if they can help as well. 

Good luck getting this fixed!

Kona

Dear Kona

Thanks for your assistance. Canvas support were the first people I contacted…they were the ones that told me Teams is no longer a supported so I don’t hold out much hope.

Greg Dabelstein | 07 3834 5721

Dean of Curriculum

BRISBANE GRAMMAR SCHOOL

BRISBANE GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Celebrating 150 Years

Consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

The information in this email (including any attachments) is intended

solely for the addressee(s) named above and is to be used only for the purpose

for which it was sent. No part of this should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted

without the sender’s consent. This email is confidential, subject to copyright

and may be subject to legal or other privilege. None of these rights, or any

other rights, are waived if you have received this email in error or without

permission. If you have received this email in error, please let the sender

know by reply email or telephone +61 7 3834 5200, then delete it from your

system and destroy any copies of it.

The opinions expressed in this email do not represent the official position or

opinions of Brisbane Grammar School (unless specifically stated), are not

endorsed by it and should not be relied upon. While this email has been scanned

by an up to date virus scanner and Brisbane Grammar School has otherwise taken

all care, recipients should check the email (including any attachments) for the

presence of viruses. Brisbane Grammar School disclaims all liability for loss

or damage caused by viruses transmitted by this email.

CRICOS Provider Number: 00489C.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@greg_dabelstein ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

tlesteves

@greg_dabelstein ‌ - did you get this working again? Just wondering how you linked your Canvas to a tab in TEAMS.

Hi

Yes, there was some weirdness that happened for a while but it is all sorted now. Canvas as a tab in Teams works well for us.

Regards

greg

But how do you set up Canvas in a Teams tab?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Oh. Ok….just copy the URL of the Canvas course that you want in the Team, then click the ‘+’ tab in the channel you want it to be accessible ….(I use General) and choose Website…paste and oila! Here is a screen shot of the end result…

Well, that is just the COOLEST!!! Thank you!