cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzhang
Community Member

Canvas problem

I  can't open it and it always show this picture, but when I connect with a VPN, it gets back to normal. What happened, please help. 

242695_pastedImage_1.png

6 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

Along with what Nelson said...

This also seems to be something that happens to users of Chrome, where Chrome gets confused if you're on mobile or desktop.  This can be confirmed to be a Chrome issue by trying to view Canvas in a different browser.

I'd suggest trying to clear Chrome's cache.  If that still doesn't resolve it, contact canvas support who can help you work through some other troubleshooting steps.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@lzhang ‌, this comment (about elements being unable to load resulting in a page that "looks terrible") might also provide some insight into the problem: Support for Online Students in China

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lzhang ...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question back on July 21st, and so I wanted to check in with you.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from  @nr2522 ,  @abunag , and stefaniesanders?  If so, did any of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your initial question?  If you feel that one of the above replies has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still in need of some help with this issue, please come back to this discussion topic to let members of the Canvas Community know so that we can continue to help troubleshoot.  I'm hopeful that you've able to get this resolved, and so I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over two months.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Lei!

fjccruz
Community Member

Hi! I'm also having the same issues with my Canvas account. Images wouldn't load but when I connect to a VPN, they are showing. I'm not sure if it is the problem with the VPN, my browser, or my IP.

fjccruz
Community Member

In connection with my issue, I see the following window whenever I attempt to download an image:

351994_Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 6.30.47 PM.png