Canvas studio editing *after* the fact

LCEmi
Community Member

I am trying to repost this after 1) the tech support chat not working at all, 2) getting through to tech support, but them not being able to help, 3) tech support directing me to a thread to give feedback, and 4) the exact thread I was directed to by the chat support person being closed to responses. This is the first institution where I have worked that uses Canvas, and I must say, I am very unimpressed so far.

I am trying to find a way to edit a video recorded in the Studio ecosystem *after the fact.* I see that there is a tool that allows all kinds of superb editing features immediately upon stopping recording but...how many of us always always have 30-90 minutes to devote to robust editing after already setting aside time to record content?

According to the chat person, they "didn't see a way to do this" when I asked how to get back to this tool at a later time. I'm not sure if that means this tech support person doesn't know the details of their own product, or if it means there definitely isn't a way to do it. The editing features within the ecosystem look great, they do everything I want them to, but I need a way to access them an hour, a day, a week after recording...does anyone know how to do this? It makes no sense that the editing suite exists but there is no way to use it down the line. I see workarounds people have come up with that you essentially need to trick Studio into thinking it is a new recording, but this seems ridiculous to download the video that is living in Canvas, then reupload it into the exact same place. Especially for a long video, this is very time consuming.

Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes