cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmedMousa
Community Member

Canvas studio is missing

I am a TA, and I am running out of space from uploading videos into my course- I am doing this instead of embedding them because students on mobile platforms have trouble viewing embedded videos. I heard that Canvas studio has unlimited space, but It is not on my canvas page at all. I was wondering if there is a way that canvas studio can be added on or another solution to this issue. Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AhmedMousa ...

I'm not sure if it is correct that Studio would give you unlimited space to store videos.  When I last checked with our Canvas CSM (Customer Success Manager), she had told us that Canvas Studio gives us an additional 1 GB per FTE (Full Time Enrollment).  YouTube videos that are added to the Canvas Studio library do not count against this storage.  Also, Canvas Studio is a paid add-on product, and that is why you may not see it in your own Canvas environment.  If you are not a Canvas administrator at your school, you would need to speak with that person to see if purchasing Studio was an option they would want to consider.

You said you are running out of space to store your videos?  Are you uploading videos directly to the "Files" area of a course?  If so, I don't think I'd recommend doing it that way...but rather use the media tools built into the RCE (Rich Content Editor) to upload that content.  Video and audio files uploaded via the media tool in the RCE are stored on a separate media server.  How do I upload and embed a media file from my com... - Canvas Community

I hope this will be helpful to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!