nkraxberger

Canvas will not work on Mac Apple

Jump to solution

I am not sure what happen, but I have not had any problems with canvas. In the last few weeks I have a problem with none of my classes showing up. This only happens on my Mac Pro Apple. Is there anything I need to do to fix this? Thank you for your time

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @nkraxberger , what you've described sounds like an issue with an out-of-date browser. If you're accessing Canvas on your Macbook Pro through Safari, you'll need to update the OS to a current version, as Apple updates the Safari browser as part of the OS update. If the device doesn't support a current version, try using a different browser: Canvas through Chrome works great on a MBP.

Device and browser specifications are listed here:

What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?

Which browsers does Canvas support?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @nkraxberger , what you've described sounds like an issue with an out-of-date browser. If you're accessing Canvas on your Macbook Pro through Safari, you'll need to update the OS to a current version, as Apple updates the Safari browser as part of the OS update. If the device doesn't support a current version, try using a different browser: Canvas through Chrome works great on a MBP.

Device and browser specifications are listed here:

What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?

Which browsers does Canvas support?

frmartin

Hi, I have a similar issue with being unable to access editing on my new Macbook Pro.  

I can see my Canvas sites but can't edit the pages. The cursor won't engage and just floats over the text.  My browsers are all up to date and I've tried editing in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I'm on a 2020 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.1.

0 Kudos

@frmartin ...

I'm not a Mac person, but have you tried contacting Canvas Support to see if they might be able to assist you?

How do I contact Canvas Support?

0 Kudos