cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberrol
Community Participant

Centrally Manage and Deploy Syllabus Content

Is there any way to adjust the default course shell - deployed when a course is created - to include custom material in the Pages or Syllabus tool or Modules, etc.?  For example, every syllabus on campus contains repetitive legal disclaimers and student support policies. We'd like to centrally manage the content and deploy it with all courses. Is this possible? Thanks. R

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

roberrol, greetings! Due to the technical nature of this question, I've shared it with the Canvas Developers‌ group in the Community to see if they can help. I'm definitely not an expert in this field, but you might also find the information from this session helpful - ‌.

Kona

pklove
Community Champion

How are you creating your courses?

If its via some middleware process then you can have all your common material in a course that is used as a template and use the API to copy the content when courses are created

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, roberrol...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 25, 2019.  Have you had a chance to review the feedback that you received from  @kona ‌ and pklove‌?  Did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from members of the Community?  If you feel that either Kona or Peter has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's reply.  But, if you are still looking for some help from the Community, please post a note below letting us know how we might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in here for several months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Royce.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

roberrol
Community Participant

Hello, 

I did not implement this solution; rather, one less cumbersome. 

R