cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marzettamichael

Certificate of Completion/ Attendance

Hello, I am trying to create some sort of certificate of completion or attendance for my Canvas courses. I would like some sort of service that will auto generate a document/ file that shows the person not only successfully completed the modules, but they can print it out as well. I have found a few posts that explain how to do so as an admin, but am having a hard time following them. If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. 

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @marzettamichael  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  I cannot remember where I first heard of this suggestion, but there is a Google Forms add-on called autoCrat that may be of assistance to you here.  The main issue, however, is it's on Google (though I see that you're already using Gmail!), but if your institution has privacy concerns or is not a "Google school" there may issues, especially since the student's email address would be a requirement for them to be notified.  My own experience is that you can have them fill out a Google Form once they get to a certain point in their Canvas Module.  Then, after filling it out, an email notification will be sent out to them when the form is ready, and they can print it out.  It has been a long time since I've fiddled with it, but you may find the instructions here useful: How do I use Google Forms and Sheets to automatically generate custom certificates? | Google Suite |... .  There's likely other places you can find additional information.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @marzettamichael 

Have you considered Badges?  Badges are much easier to set up, and are a great micro-credential that you can award to students, and are digitally portable. Badgr is available as a free integration with Canvas, which also makes it quite attractive.

Learn more at...............

I hope this is a helpful alternative.

Kelley