Change default text of the Submit Button in Assignments

Jump to solution
ytrkptl
Community Explorer

When I create an assignment as a teacher, and when students visit the assignment for the first time, by default the button where you have to click in order to begin the assignment says "Submit Assignment". Shouldn't it say something like "Start Assignment" since students have yet to even start the assignment? Thinking about clicking on "Submit Assignment" even before starting to type anything or even before a text box or the like is presented is a bit misleading, I think. No wonder students kept telling me that it doesn't show them the text box to enter their answers. I had to tell them to click on "Submit Assignment" first in order to be provided a text box. Once they finish, they have to click on "Submit Assignment" again. That's a bit confusing.

canvas.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello,  I understand the confusion for the text entry option but it makes since for many of the other submission options. For example, almost all my faculty have students do the assignment is something other than the text box so in this case they are "submitting the assignment".  I would suggest putting an idea in the ideas section of the community and see if other people are in favor of a change or maybe the option to change it.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas

Thanks,

Nick

View solution in original post