Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradhorn

Change "quiz question" designation

Jump to solution

Is there a way to change the heading of quiz questions to something other than "question 1, 2, 3, etc.?" Here's a screengrab of what I'd like to change if I can.

Thanks muchly.

235345_pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Member

If you mean beyond a simple language change, then it's going to take some custom JavaScript and that will need to be installed at the account or subaccount level. Even then, it may not work in mobile devices.

There is a quiz question name that is entered when the question is created, but it is not displayed. Doing so could give away clues to the question. For example, if someone used a publisher's bank and a student found the bank online, then they would know what questions were being used and presumably the correct answers to them.

I do have a script that will change it from Question # when the instructor looks at the quiz after it's been graded. I don't see it in the list of Canvancements that  @kona ‌ maintains, but I'll give you the link to the site on GitHub. There's another unadvertised one for those who use grade by question. It removes the "Spacers" from the list that result from text-only questions. With that, if question 3 is text-only, the side list of questions has question 5 take you question 5, not question 4. Another grade-by-question enhancement highlights the ungraded essay questions so you can jump right to the ones that need graded.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Community Member

If you mean beyond a simple language change, then it's going to take some custom JavaScript and that will need to be installed at the account or subaccount level. Even then, it may not work in mobile devices.

There is a quiz question name that is entered when the question is created, but it is not displayed. Doing so could give away clues to the question. For example, if someone used a publisher's bank and a student found the bank online, then they would know what questions were being used and presumably the correct answers to them.

I do have a script that will change it from Question # when the instructor looks at the quiz after it's been graded. I don't see it in the list of Canvancements that  @kona ‌ maintains, but I'll give you the link to the site on GitHub. There's another unadvertised one for those who use grade by question. It removes the "Spacers" from the list that result from text-only questions. With that, if question 3 is text-only, the side list of questions has question 5 take you question 5, not question 4. Another grade-by-question enhancement highlights the ungraded essay questions so you can jump right to the ones that need graded.

Thanks, James