Changes in font sizes

Jump to solution
kburkes
Community Contributor

For the past several months (it seems), I have noticed changes to font sizes in text added to text boxes, so that part of the page will be noted as 20 pixels, other parts a 12 pt, etc.  The differences in size may be slight, but sometimes are very obvious. 

I have tried it on Chrome and Firefox, and the issue remains.  Not sure, but it may be happening when content is copied from another course, or when text is copied/pasted from something like Word. I generally do a "select all" and ensure it is all the same size before saving. The weird thing is it can look uniform when initially saved, but when I view it later, it has a mixture of font sizes again.   Then I have to select all, and change it back to a uniform size.

It's something that can drive a perfectionist designer batty, so wondering if this is a known issue or if its just me?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @kburkes ...

Have you taken a look at the HTML code for any of your pages to see if you can identify anything where font sizes are being defined?  I generally do not like to paste text from Word into Canvas because it can add a lot of really bad code (and sometimes even font sizes).  So, one thing I do when I run into situations with various font sizes on page is to run the entire page through an online HTML cleaner site.  I've written a blog post about this topic...which you can find at HTML Cleanup.

It seems a bit odd to me that Canvas would change the font characteristics on you during a course copy/import.  I've not experienced that myself.  I would say to try an online HTML cleaner first to get rid of any potential rogue HTML code and see if that helps.

View solution in original post