cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carrieh
Community Member

Changes to Quizzes

I am curious why the ability to click on up and down arrows to give points is no longer available in Quizzes? Now I have to use two hands to grade instead of just using my mouse or track pad. Not user-friendly. Also, the grade does not accumulate at the bottom any longer- it continues to say "0" even after you have given points. In the past, it always updated as you graded each question. 

4 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

Are you talking about when you're grading a quiz in SpeedGrader? The second issue - the grade not updating as you go - is either a change in functionality as of the October 28th release, or a bug (depending on who you ask). A colleague of mine started a feature idea to return this functionality (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10193-speedgrader-final-score-automatic-update?sr=search&searc...‌) and there is some discussion of the undesirable changes that were introduced in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13179-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-10-28?sr=search&...‌.

carrieh
Community Member

Yes- grading a quiz in SpeedGrader. It's very helpful to have the grade accumulation when you get to the end of the quiz/test so you can see what the points are. It helps you to know if you missed grading a question or if you need to adjust something. Both of these issues are new since I graded my last quiz a few weeks ago. Having to type in the score for each answer, instead of having the arrows is not user-friendly at all- especially when using a laptop.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@carrieh ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Robbie,

No- I was not given a response to my question. Why did Canvas take out the function that allows you to assign points in the quiz by using the arrow keys next to the point field? Now you have to manually type in the number, which is cumbersome when grading on a laptop.

Thanks,

Carrie

Carrie M. Hamady, MS, RD, LD

Director, Undergraduate Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics

137 Health and Human Services Building

Bowling Green State University

Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0283

Office: 419.372.0290

Fax: 419.372.2881

email: carrieh@bgsu.edu