Degraded AWS performance is currently impacting some Canvas users in the North American region. Check Canvas Status for updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msgarcia
Community Contributor

Changing Events Between Course Calendars

Jump to solution

I am prepared for an answer of "this is currently not possible," but does anyone know of a way to switch events between course calendars?

I have scoured the web, and this feature does not appear to exist.  I ask because one of our faculty members spent a good amount of time creating events for an upcoming fall course, and then realized, when she had finished, that all of the events were created in her calendar (the one named after you), when she intended to have them listed for one of her course sections. I have gone through the different steps involved to try and change these events from the calendar to another, but it does not seem to be possible.

Is this a feature that Instructure is working on, or is it one of those things that they have chosen to not pursue because it would create too many issues (adding/deleting an assignment/event when moving it from one course to another)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah... yes, for that I don't think there is a work around other than open up two tabs and copy and paste the events into the new/correct course calendar area. I've actually had that happen before (adding events to me rather than a course) and I never found a work around for it. Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

msgarcia​, you can't change this from the calendar, but you CAN use the import course content feature to copy just the events from one course to another course. Use the information from this guide - How do I select specific content as part of a course import? - and select the specific Calendar events you need to move.

And yes, there is a feature idea for this that is currently open for voting - . My recommendation is to vote and comment on why this would be so helpful!

Hope this helps!

msgarcia
Community Contributor

I was thinking that, but what if the events in question are tied to my "Mark Garcia" calendar rather than a specific course? How would I export that calendar?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah... yes, for that I don't think there is a work around other than open up two tabs and copy and paste the events into the new/correct course calendar area. I've actually had that happen before (adding events to me rather than a course) and I never found a work around for it. Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

msgarcia
Community Contributor

Thank you Kona for your help. Looks like I have a new feature request!