cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjbagain
Community Participant

Changing Quiz Settings After the Published Quiz

Hi. 

I would like my exam settings where students couldn't see the score and correct answers initially BUT maybe a week after during feedback, I would like them to see their scores and correct answers then lock it again to hide so that they could not take screen shots and pass it to others.

Is it ok to leave this option unchecked  - Let Students See the Correct Answers. Then once quiz has ended, you check that option and Let Students See the Correct Answers at a specific time and date? Will this affect the scores?

OR will it be better to hide the grade in the Gradebook option then switch to post when you are giving manual feedback to the students?

Thank you so much for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PallaviJalakam
Community Participant

Hello,

An interesting scenario that I was experimenting with some time back.

I assume you are using Classic Quizzes and I am 99.9% certain that modifying the Let Students See the Correct Answers option after quiz submissions will not affect the quiz scores.

Also, when the Let Students See the Correct Answers option is enabled, you can further control when and for how long students can see the correct answers by setting dates in the Show and Hide fields. (Check the Correct Answers section for more details.)

However, Students can still see their quiz grades in the Gradebook when the Let Students See the Correct Answers option is enabled/not. To completely hide grades from students, you must set the grade posting policy to Manual in the Gradebook and then post them when ready. Your guess is correct, hide first and post later.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Pallavi

cjbagain
Community Participant

Thank you!