cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coxw
Community Member

Changing color of courses

Went to a training on Canvas where they showed us how to change the color of courses.

As an instructor I logged in and my courses have been pre-loaded by my school district.

The course color scheme is extremely unhelpful as I am color blind and would like to change them to a higher contrast scheme. When I tried to change the color it does not change.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @coxw ​...

Canvas actually has a high contrast setting that you can turn on/off within your own profile.  When you click on the "Settings" link at the top right corner of your course, you'll want to scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and there should be a Feature Option for "Use High Contrast Styles".  If you are using the new Canvas UI, you would first click on the "Account" button on the left side nav, and then click on the "Settings" link.  Hope this information is of help!

coxw
Community Member

I am using the latest version of Canvas and I did find High Contrast Styles and turned it on. This will be helpful for me in the future thanks.

My courses are still all the same color and when I try to change them and hit apply nothing happens. Is this a glitch?

canvas_admin
Community Champion

Whitney,

This discussion might be helpful to you regarding the New UI and High Contrast Styles:  New Ui and High Contrast Styles

mcsmith
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @coxw ​, is there anyway you can take a screen shot of the course where the color scheme is problematic?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@coxw ​, we haven't heard from you in awhile. Were you ultimately successful in changing the colors of the course cards on your dashboard?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@coxw , since we haven't heard back from you, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The discussion remains open for participation, and anyone can feel free to provide additional commentary.