cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akotov
Community Member

Changing scores for non-participants in a group assignment

Jump to solution

How do I give different points to students for a group assignment?  In Blackboard, after giving group points you can edit individual points for non-participation. In Canvas when you change one score, it affects all the team. Is there a way around this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buddyhall
Community Champion

Yes, you'll want to go back to the assignment and edit it. In the Group Assignment options box is a checkbox labeled "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually." You'll want to check that box and then go back to edit the individual grades. 

Canvas Group Assignment Settings

View solution in original post

2 Replies
buddyhall
Community Champion

Yes, you'll want to go back to the assignment and edit it. In the Group Assignment options box is a checkbox labeled "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually." You'll want to check that box and then go back to edit the individual grades. 

Canvas Group Assignment Settings

View solution in original post

akotov
Community Member

Thanks, Buddy Hall! However, I was wondering if that will not defeat the purpose of group grading if you select that option from the beginning? For new to Canvas like me, who would like to enjoy the benefit of group grading in large class sizes, this is what I did: I did not check the "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually"  box from the beginning because I wasn't sure what to expect. When Buddy responded to my question, I immediately placed the column on mute and graded all groups. I then went on to edit and checked that box before making the grade changes with comments- Everything looks fine!