cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtorres1

Changing the font color of the course name

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'd like to change the font color of our course names to white so they essentially disappear to students. I have taken screen shots of what I am trying to do in hopes that you can better assist me. I would just like both of those course fonts to be white (#ffffff), but am unsure how to make that change permanent - outside of using the Inspect>Console. I have highlighted in blue in the screenshots where the font color needs to be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Header Course Title.pngMain Course Title.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Member

Instead of turning them white, you can hide them altogether. You do so by adding this to the global javascript (not CSS) file:

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#breadcrumbs").hide();

$(".course-title.ellipsis").hide();

});

View solution in original post

14 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

jtorres, similar to your last post, I'm pretty sure all of this falls under custom global javascript. I'm going to share this with the Canvas Developers​ and Canvas Admins​ groups in the Community to see if anyone can help!

Any thoughts, @Matthew Hanes?

MattHanes
Community Member

Instead of turning them white, you can hide them altogether. You do so by adding this to the global javascript (not CSS) file:

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#breadcrumbs").hide();

$(".course-title.ellipsis").hide();

});

Hi Matt,

You are amazing! It seems to have worked for the course name at the very top near the 3 horizontal bars, but not the course name directly above the homepage information. Any ideas? I can't thank you enough!

Unhidden title.png

I fixed my code above. Rookie mistake. Should have been double quotes instead of single quotes around the elements, I guess. I just like to pretend that I know what I'm doing.

I should also add that you will notice this code runs after the page has loaded so the course titles will briefly appear and then disappear.

Thank you SO much!! You're the best!

I think I got excited too soon - the course title in the header is still appearing and doesn't disappear.

Here's a screenshot - is it possible to just change the font color to white so it disappears since the double quotes aren't working?

Course Name Appearance.png