Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_abercrom
Community Participant

Check / tick annotation

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there any way to add a check (or tick) when annotating work in speed grader to indicate a correct response?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Update,  @andrew_abercrom ‌: I found a way to do this in Windows! Copy any one of the check marks from here and paste it in using the Freetext annotation tool. If you're using a clipboard manager in Chrome (such as ClipClip) you can keep your preferred checkmark there and other frequently used comments there for ready use.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @andrew_abercrom ‌, and yes, this is possible. Use the Text tool in DocViewer to place an inline text annotation and key in a checkmark by using the keyboard shortcut Alt+V, like so: √

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your response. I tried to follow your suggestion but had no luck. I am viewing a submitted work in Speedgrader and clicked on the Freetext annotation, then pressed Alt V and nothing appeared. I tried using Area annotation as well but no luck. I would like to insert a checkmark to indicate correct answers, but my attempts with the free draw look like a two year olds checks. Thank you.

@andrew_abercrom ‌, I agree that using the free draw tool is less than optimal.

And I learned something today. It turns out that the keyboard shortcut that is so easy on MacOS does not work in the Windows OS. Yesterday I tested it in Chrome using both a Windows keyboard attached to a Macbook Pro and the native keyboard that is attached to the laptop, and both times I was able to key in Alt V to produce this:

So this morning I fired up my Windows PC to have another look in both Firefox and Chrome—and sure enough, this keyboard shortcut does not work on my Windows device. I did some searching through various Unicode forums but wasn't able to find a satisfactory solution for Windows. (Maybe someone else here has figured it out?)

The only thing I can suggest for now is that you support the feature idea that requests a symbol palette for DocViewer. You'll find it here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9050-docviewer-default-palette-of-icons-images?sr=search&searc... 

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Update,  @andrew_abercrom ‌: I found a way to do this in Windows! Copy any one of the check marks from here and paste it in using the Freetext annotation tool. If you're using a clipboard manager in Chrome (such as ClipClip) you can keep your preferred checkmark there and other frequently used comments there for ready use.

View solution in original post

Amazing!!!! Thank you so very much. This will make students aware of the

effort made to ensure all their responses are read and considered.

Regards,

*Andrew Abercrombie - *Industry Traineeship Development Officer, Tocal

College

NSW Department of Primary Industries - Tocal Agricultural Centre -

Paterson NSW 2421

T: (02) 4939 8819 M: 0448 354 911 E: andrew.abercrombie@dpi.nsw.gov.au

W: www.dpi.nsw.gov.au - www.tocal.com

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 1:10 AM chofer@morainepark.edu <

You're welcome,  @andrew_abercrom ; I was glad to be able to help.

dhulsey
Community Champion

Thanks, stefaniesanders‌! It lookls like these symbols can also be saved as Quickmarks for grading in Turnitin. I just created heart and check quick marks:

309772_pastedImage_1.png

They have a smiley face too. 

309776_pastedImage_1.png

Thank you so much, Stefanie.. This is a must have..