Pat-Hopkins

Chrome says my browser is out of date

I am a student at Grossmont College. I'm trying to login to the Canvas system. It gives me a message saying that my browser is out of date. I am using Chrome. I tried to update it (using the update process that came up). It just gave me a screen with some sad looking logo on it. It looks like it does not work to do an update for a newer version of the Chrome browser. Please help me with this problem.

Will I get a response to this request for assistance?

If so, how or where? Here as an email? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Swanson92714

Hello,
If you are being told that Chrome is out of date (our homepage will tell you if your web browser up to date) then in most cases you just need to wait a few hours and Chrome will auto update itself. e-Rewards App

Thanks,

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Pat-Hopkins -

If you type chrome://settings/help into your Chrome's address bar. Is there an option to update, or does it say "Chrome is up to date"?

You may also want to try to clear cache/cookies.

How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? 

How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? 

I was corresponding with KristinL regarding my Chrome browser being out of date.

I checked on the chrome://settings/help page, as she suggested for me. I got this message as a result:
An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 1: 0x80004005).

After this, it said: Learn more: Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have tried to do another update, but it does not complete. 

Can you offer any assistance as to what I should do now?

I don't know if you can, or if you just offer assistance with the Canvas system software. Please advise me.

Thank you! 

Patricia Hopkins

email: pat.hopkins@gmail.com

0 Kudos