Cisco Webex through Canvas not allowing students to enter.

Jump to solution
edenos
Community Explorer

I am a system administrator and a teacher.  We set up Cisco Webex through canvas so that the students can easily get into the correct teachers classrooms and be a part of the class.

Most of the students are able to connect and get into the class, but of the 100 or so students trying this, about 30 of them are unable to get into a class.  I am finding that there are 2 main problems.

1.  It says "join" and when they click the button it says "IT issues either hasn't started or has ended. Please try during the scheduled meeting." In the picture below  The problem, is that the meetings was currently going.  It had started, and hadn't ended yet.  I know because we did a practice meeting, and I had started it, and asked the parents to screenshot me what they were seeing.  I made the meeting 3 hours long...and was actively on the meeting for at least 2 hours of that time.  There were several parents that were able to make the link work and they got into my meeting showing me that the meeting is actually working for some, but many were not able to.  They were all using google chrome, but were all on different devices (apple, phone, laptop, desktop, etc)  Those students that were unable to use the canvas link were able to access a class using a direct link through WebEx showing me that it isn't a WebEx problem, but is more likely a canvas problem.

2. A grey screen appeared and they got a sad paper sign.

webex problem.png

2 Solutions
sschandler
Community Explorer

Hi. Have you found a solution to this problem? We are having the same problem. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
noschapk
Community Member

Same problem. All students are on iPads. Some of those who have experienced the problem have said they can join from a computer, but not their iPad. I have work arounds, but none are as convenient as the integrated feature ***could*** be.

View solution in original post

0 Likes