Clarifying Grade Posting Policy--Does Hide only affect grades already posted?

Jump to solution
venitk
Community Champion

I'm really hoping to get a Canvas super expert to weigh in here (erinhallmark‌, maybe?  @CanvasDocTeam ‌?) 

I'm writing a blog post for our instructors on the Grade Posting Policy and one of the scenarios is what do you do if you're halfway through grading an assignment and you realize you didn't change the assignment to manual.

My understanding is 

So, if someone is halfway through grading, they need to both hide the grade and change the grade posting policy to manual for that assignment. Is that correct? 

1 Solution
venitk
Community Champion

For anyone looking for this answer, I  got a response from the doc team on this guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16571-4152813670 Hide only works for grades already assigned.

I asked for the guide to be more explicit about which items are hidden, so hopefully that will happen. 

This was part of their response (there's more on the guide):

If you use a Test Student (or any student for that matter), give them a grade, and use the Hide grades option, it will only hide grades that have already been entered and will not hide assignment grades that are entered after that point (that is what the grade posting policy is for. 

View solution in original post