Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiffany_morgan
Community Contributor

Clarifying multiple quiz attempts and when answers are shown

Jump to solution

Hello

I have reviewed the documentation for quiz settings What options are available in Canvas quizzes? | Canvas Instructor Guide | Canvas Guides​ but I want to ensure I'm understanding the documentation and correct functionality for these particular quiz settings.

If I set a quiz to:

• Allow multiple attempts
  • Allowed Attempts=2

I further set the quiz to:

• Enable "Let Students see their quiz responses"
  • Enable "Only after their last attempt"
  • Enable "let students see the correct answers" and enable " only after their last attempt"

Based on these combined settings, presumably the "last" attempt is the second attempt. If a student chooses to only take this quiz one time, then they would never reach the "last" attempt (as the last attempt is defined as attempt #2 with this criteria) and the result is that student would never see their quiz responses nor would they see the correct answers.

Is this understanding correct?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tiffany_morgan , yes, using those settings the students who only took the quiz once wouldn't see the quiz responses/answers.

Quiz settings are definitely confusing and an additional document that might help you understand quiz settings can be found here - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tiffany_morgan , yes, using those settings the students who only took the quiz once wouldn't see the quiz responses/answers.

Quiz settings are definitely confusing and an additional document that might help you understand quiz settings can be found here - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

View solution in original post

tiffany_morgan
Community Contributor

Thanks so much-I'll take a look at that document!