The ability to create a new community profile is temporarily unavailable. We're on it!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s3726573
Community Member

Class Thumbnail Title Display, Not displaying fully. (Ellipses...) PLEASE FIX

Jump to solution

Is there any chance could kindly:

Context: I am a student at RMIT.

Could you please make the Titles for the classes TWO lines at least, for each thumbnail? I mean, look, seriously, the information under the title of each class/module/course, is only important for a teacher that has to manage different streams. Students already have a slightly different UI.

It won't be difficult to implement, and it'll save a lot of microseconds for a lot of students, when they'll stop needing to guess which class is which. Not all of us memorise which irrelevant colored default thumbnail, belongs to which. 

Impatient regards,
Ning

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @s3726573  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for your question.  In reviewing your posting, it sounds like you'd like to see more of the course title than the other information that is given right below it within the "Course Card" (that's what those are called on your Canvas Dashboard.  One of the things that you can do right now is give your course a "nickname".  The Guide for how to do this is located here: How do I view course cards in the Dashboard as a student? (see the section on "Create Nickname" about half-way down the page).

Ning, your request sounds more like a Feature Idea to me.  I don't know that I've seen a request like this before, so you may want to consider following these documents, How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community? and How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?, and then consider submitting a Feature Idea.  Also, you mentioned that it wouldn't "be difficult to implement".  That may or may not be true.  Please check out the paragraphs under the section called "If my idea doesn't align with a priority, is it still important?" in this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14905-75187841185 

I hope this helps, Ning.  Please let us know if you have additional questions about this...thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @s3726573  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for your question.  In reviewing your posting, it sounds like you'd like to see more of the course title than the other information that is given right below it within the "Course Card" (that's what those are called on your Canvas Dashboard.  One of the things that you can do right now is give your course a "nickname".  The Guide for how to do this is located here: How do I view course cards in the Dashboard as a student? (see the section on "Create Nickname" about half-way down the page).

Ning, your request sounds more like a Feature Idea to me.  I don't know that I've seen a request like this before, so you may want to consider following these documents, How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community? and How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?, and then consider submitting a Feature Idea.  Also, you mentioned that it wouldn't "be difficult to implement".  That may or may not be true.  Please check out the paragraphs under the section called "If my idea doesn't align with a priority, is it still important?" in this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14905-75187841185 

I hope this helps, Ning.  Please let us know if you have additional questions about this...thanks.

View solution in original post