cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinm
Community Contributor

Clear To Do List in iOS App Manually

Jump to solution

I am having problems using the "To Do List" in the iOS app. I will make a no submission or paper assignment in Canvas, and even when I put a grade in via Speedgrader or via the Grades view, it will continue to have the assignment in the Overdue section of the To Do List on the iOS app even though the work was submitted hard copy and a grade entered. Any ways to manually clear this?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @hardinm ​...

When you are in your Canvas app on your iOS device, go to the "To Do" list, and then swipe from right to left over the item.  You should see a red "Done" button.  If you tap this button, it will be removed from your "To Do" list, and it will also be removed from your "To Do" list on the Dashboard when you sign in to Canvas via the web.

Side note: Swiping from right to left to delete things is a common action in many different apps...so it's not just something limited to the Canvas app.  🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @hardinm ​...

When you are in your Canvas app on your iOS device, go to the "To Do" list, and then swipe from right to left over the item.  You should see a red "Done" button.  If you tap this button, it will be removed from your "To Do" list, and it will also be removed from your "To Do" list on the Dashboard when you sign in to Canvas via the web.

Side note: Swiping from right to left to delete things is a common action in many different apps...so it's not just something limited to the Canvas app.  🙂

hardinm
Community Contributor

Awesome! Is there anyway for me the teacher to do this on the back end? My kids who struggle with executive functioning are doing work they already did and melting down because they "can't submit it" because it is a non submission or paper assignment. You'd think that having a grade in the gradebook would be enough to tell Canvas to clear it from the To Do list...

Hi  @hardinm ​...

I don't know of any way in the current user interface of the app to remove these for your students.  They will need to swipe to remove them on their own devices.

hardinm
Community Contributor

Is there anything I'm not doing correct that is causing work WITH a grade in the gradebook, but is set up as "paper" or "no submission," to be in the overdue section of the do list? I guess I am confused why something with a grade would be "overdue."

Hi  @hardinm ​...

I'm not sure I have an answer for you, but I will share your question with a couple of the guys from the Mobile team at Instructure to see if they can provide some insights for you.

hardinm
Community Contributor

Thank you. I know there isn't a huge mobile development team, but with more iPad 1:1 schools (like my own), I would love to see this worked out. My 9th graders a freaking out trying to stay organized and work isn't clearing Smiley Happy