cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stepdelg
Community Member

Coding error after course import

Jump to solution

I exported a blackboard course and imported into Canvas. This is the second time that when I import a BB course, there are random numbers appearing in the item titles. I have tried cleaning the codes, deleting the title and redoing, and reorganizing the items. Has anyone had this issue and how can I fix this? The numbers appear at the of the item title.

Random numbers appear at the end of the item title

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @stepdelg 

In looking at your screenshot, I suspect that each of your modules include a "Readings" and a "Watch". When you have multiple copies of the same pages in a Canvas classroom, Canvas numbers the copies.

Easiest solution, and a good UDL naming practice, would be to name these pages in Blackboard as, "Module 2 Readings", and "Module 2 Watch" (etc for each module's like pages). Then when you import them into Canvas, they will retain their Bb names.

I hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @stepdelg 

In looking at your screenshot, I suspect that each of your modules include a "Readings" and a "Watch". When you have multiple copies of the same pages in a Canvas classroom, Canvas numbers the copies.

Easiest solution, and a good UDL naming practice, would be to name these pages in Blackboard as, "Module 2 Readings", and "Module 2 Watch" (etc for each module's like pages). Then when you import them into Canvas, they will retain their Bb names.

I hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

Wow! Thank you so much!!!!

It worked!!

Thank you,

Stephanie Delgado, M. Ed<mailto:stepdelg@fiue.du>

Senior Instructional Designer, FIU Online

MMC, MANGO 610

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.