Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aquintero
Community Participant

Commenting on PDF Files in Crocodoc

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Topic Title: Why am I not able to access the add comment button in Crocodoc on all .pdf assignments? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Help, please.

Why am I not able to access the add comment button in Crocodoc for all .pdf assignments? It works for some assignments, but not others and I can't find the pattern to what the issue might be. Help?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aquintero
Community Participant

Sorry for the delay! The reply was that it appears to be a random glitch and they recommended having the students resubmit the same assignment in a newly created assignment. This worked.

Thanks for your time everyone!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aquintero ​...

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I do know that there were some Crocodoc Preview issues going on yesterday.  Check out Instructure's status page here: Canvas Status​.

Also, for your information, I am going to modify the subject line of your topic since you've already included much of the question in the body of your message.  This will help people search for your question better if they have a similar question.  If the revised topic name doesn't quite reflect what you're asking, please let me know, and we can make an necessary changes.  Hope this is ok with you.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aquintero ​, Chris is correct that Crocodoc was having problems on Friday and not working correctly. I just checked Crocodoc and pdf's seem to be working correctly right now. Could you verify that you're still having problems? Something else to check is the Internet browser you're using - sometimes switching browsers will clear up the problem. I normally recommend Firefox or Chrome (and switching between the two of them).

aquintero
Community Participant

@kona ,

Thank you for the brainstorming! I did check the website and the posted issue appears to be different than the one I seem to be encountering. I have tried both browsers multiple times including just now. I am able to access this comment button in both browsers on other assignments that were also turned in as .pdfs but not this one.I do need to clarify that the issue is not in the side bar on the right hand side, but the comment button that allows annotations and embedded comments.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Hi again,  @aquintero ​...

In Firefox and Chrome, have you made sure to clear your temporary internet files/cache/history?  Once you do that, you'd want to close the browser and open a brand new instance of it, and then try to view the PDF file again.  Give that a shot and let us know what the results are.

aquintero
Community Participant

Thank you Chris. I tried this for both browsers, but still was left with the same results.

Andrew Quintero

Hmmmm...sorry to hear that.  Have you contacted the Help Desk staff yet?

aquintero
Community Participant

I did last night shortly after posting here. Thank you.

@aquintero , was the help desk able to replicate and resolve this issue for you?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Since we haven't heard back from you in a while, we're going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The discussion remains open for participation, so please feel free to come back and let us know what the help desk determined.