Comments on Grades

Jump to solution
DrSmith
Community Member

Are the actual comments on grades emailed to students, or do they only receive notification that they received a comment?  If the comment is deleted or edited before they log in, will they only see the updated comment?  I’m trying to figured out what is in the notification they receive.  Does anyone know if there is a sample somewhere?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
DrSmith
Community Member

So, I found out that student notifications (emails, texts, etc.) only tell them they have a new comment and do not state what that the comment says.  Also, by checking analytics you can tell if the student may have logged in before or after you deleted or edited a comment.  Just thought I would share what I learned.     

View solution in original post

I got my answer from chatting with canvas support.  I specifically asked about comments entered on an assignment through speed grader.  Not sure why it would matter where you enter the assignment comment.  I’m curious why you saw the actual comment in the email notification and not just a statement saying you have a new comment.  Interesting.  I would hope canvas support knows what they are talking about.  

Any chance you are talking about a comment a student makes when submitting an assignment?  Which is totally different.  I’m talking about comments you make while entering grades.  

View solution in original post