cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcummings
Community Participant

Comments while grading

Jump to solution

When I am grading assignments I, oftentimes, use the comment button to write a comment alongside the area that  substantially meets the rubric or that needs improvement in a document. I discovered today that students can not see the comments which I have written. Why does CANVAS have this feature if students can not see the content of the comments?

Dana

Example of my comments in yellow which students can not see when they log into CANVAS.

174983_pastedImage_1.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dcummings ​,

This could be a simple issue of the students not knowing where to look for the Crocodoc comments.  The following guide will walk them through accessing these comments:

How do I view assignment comments from my instructor?

Robbie

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dcummings ​,

This could be a simple issue of the students not knowing where to look for the Crocodoc comments.  The following guide will walk them through accessing these comments:

How do I view assignment comments from my instructor?

Robbie

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dcummings ​, your students can see your comments by clicking on the View Feedback button on their assignment submission page. This guide provides the step-by-step process for students to access and view the comments you have made on their work: How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?

Personally, I provide my students a link to this guide in the Add a Comment field as part of my comment on every assignment submission.

dcummings
Community Participant

I went to the student's computer and looked myself...the annotated comments do not show up,... even with selecting the view feedback button.

Dana

@dcummings ​,

I have tested this in several different courses and several different students and am able to see the comments from the student side.  I would recommend opening a trouble ticket with support by clicking on Help > Report a problem from within the course.

Robbie

@dcummings ​,  @Robbie_Grant ​ has given you great advice; this warrants a support ticket directly from the student. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's a browser issue; notably, strange things have been happening with Internet Explorer in general and Edge in particular. At our school, we always advise our students to use Firefox and Chrome, and warn them off IE and Edge.

dcummings
Community Participant

Thanks Robbie, I will do that...