cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschreier
Community Participant

Common Quiz - Pull or Aggregate Results from Different Courses

I have a quiz that our college library has created in Canvas about digital literacy. Actually, the library has a bunch of modules, but let's focus on the digital literacy quiz. 

Our plan is to make a Canvas Course for the library. All professors will be added to that course. Any professor who wants to copy the digital literacy quiz into their course can simply import the quiz from the library Canvas site into his/her own subject specific site.  

The question is this: is it possible using the Canvas API for the library to pull the results of that quiz from every course that it is imported into? My understanding is that once a quiz is imported into a professor's course, only the "teacher" of that course can see the results. Even if this were possible, there are also FERPA rules to think about. Should the librarians have access to a student's quiz results in a professor's specific course? I don't think so. 

Does anyone have experience with this? The obvious work around is to make the quiz into a google form owned by the library. 

2 Replies
cristinanistor
Community Contributor

@jschreier , there is some information an Admin would be able to extract through the Canvas Data Portal 
They would then script for the markers 

To be able to use this the quiz should be the same. How to send the same quiz to all courses was discussed here: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/13321-send-a-quiz-into-all-courses-in-canvas 
If the identity of the student is not important for these statistics, the quiz can also be setup as an anonymous ungraded survey - not sure if this covers the FERPA part but the instructors would be able to download the survey report and share it with the librarians.
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jschreier ...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question on July 11th and then received a response from cristinanistor later that day.  Have you had an opportunity to review Cristina's response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still seeking some assistance with your question?  If you feel that Cristina's feedback has answered your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still needing some help from the Canvas Community, please let us know that by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you in about two months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular thread for that same amount of time.  This won't keep you or others from posting additional questions/comments below, however.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Jesse!