Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcthomason
Community Participant

Computer Logouts

Jump to solution

Hello,

My name is Lolly and I am new to Canvas.  My question is related to computer timeouts.  Is there a way to alert the instructor of an impending logout while grading?  It is very frustrating to grade an assignment and when you click to submit it tells you that you're not logged in. Then, you need to log back in and regrade that assignment again.  Waste of precious time when you have 3 classes to grade.  How long till it times out?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gcthomason ...

This sounds like something that you may need to address with the IT people at your school?  Have you reached out to anyone at your school who is a Canvas admin to see if they are aware of any rules they've put in place that would log you out of Canvas?  This doesn't sound like normal behavior...though I could be wrong.  For example, when I leave my PC at work, it logs me out (of the computer, not Canvas) after a few minutes of inactivity.  But, if I'm actively using my computer, it keeps me logged in to my computer and to Canvas.  I've been trying to access your school's website, Mississippi College, to see if I can find any helpful websites to direct you to, but their site appears to be down at the moment (maybe they are doing scheduled maintenance?).  I would start by checking with a Canvas admin for your school's Canvas instance first, and hopefully they will be able to provide you with some guidance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gcthomason ...

This sounds like something that you may need to address with the IT people at your school?  Have you reached out to anyone at your school who is a Canvas admin to see if they are aware of any rules they've put in place that would log you out of Canvas?  This doesn't sound like normal behavior...though I could be wrong.  For example, when I leave my PC at work, it logs me out (of the computer, not Canvas) after a few minutes of inactivity.  But, if I'm actively using my computer, it keeps me logged in to my computer and to Canvas.  I've been trying to access your school's website, Mississippi College, to see if I can find any helpful websites to direct you to, but their site appears to be down at the moment (maybe they are doing scheduled maintenance?).  I would start by checking with a Canvas admin for your school's Canvas instance first, and hopefully they will be able to provide you with some guidance.

View solution in original post

gcthomason
Community Participant

I will.

Thanks

Gladys

On Sep 17, 2017 11:22 AM, "chofer@morainepark.edu" <instructure@jiveon.com>