This feels like a feature idea, though it's noted as a discussion. And that may be our fault—I just realized that we had the new discussion link set up for the Submit an Idea button. I just corrected that so future clickers will end up in the correct location.
If you intend for this to be an idea, do you mind copying what you wrote above and paste it as a new idea in Canvas Studio? And don't forget to add new_gradebook as a tag so it will show up for others to view in the list of existing ideas.
I actually started with a feature idea, but I wanted to also put it as a discussion for new gradebook users to see if anyone else had any comments or suggestions as to how they were handling. Or even ideas to supplement what I put in the feature idea.
Great! Then this is the perfect place for a discussion. You may want to clarify your original post to suggest you're looking for feedback or alternative ideas, just so that others know.
Hello all. I was wondering if this was ever worked out. I have a similar question regarding setting up a GradeBook with conditional logic. For example,
I would like to set up a course as follows: Three equally weighted exams will count 75% of the final grade. Ten quizzes which make up the remainder 25% of the final grade. I would like to set it up so that if the average of the three exams is less than 70%, then the final grade will be only the average of the three exams. If the average of the three exams is greater than 70% then the three exams plus the quizzes will make up the final grade.
Any help on this would REALLY be appreciated.