cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reni_abraham
Community Member

Conference View

I have a recorded Conference and it is playback ready. The link is below the Concluded conference and I can View it. However, none of my students are able to view this recorded conference.  Can any one help me on this?

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ffdixon ‌...might you be able to assist  @reni_abraham  with this question?  Thanks!

awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hey  @reni_abraham , because I don't believe this question is specific to Priority: Canvas Teacher App‌, I have moved it to the general Find Answers‌ area of the community. I also see steps for this in the guide, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10503-4212627661 

Would you mind having a look at that guide and see if it answers your question or if something else still seems to be amiss?

brendaa
Community Contributor

Were students invited to the Conference?  We had this happen to an instructor who used Conferences to record a lecture while out of town, but did not invite any students.  She could see the conference recording but the students could not.  

All students were invited to the conference.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Reni,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton (I work at Blindside Networks so I don't speak on behalf of Instructure).

> Were students invited to the Conference? We had this happen to an instructor who used Conferences to record a lecture while out of town, but did not invite any students. She could see the conference recording but the students could not.  

I would recommend raising a support ticket with Instructure.  Give them a link to the conference page and the will be able to view the course as a student and see if they too have problems viewing the recording link.

As Brenda said, if someone wasn't on the original invite for the conference, they would not be able to view the recording link.

Nonetheless, open a ticket with Canvas Support and they can try viewing the recording as one of the enrolled students and see if they can reproduce the issue and dig deeper.

Regards,... Fred

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @reni_abraham ...

I wanted to circle back around with you to see if you've had an opportunity to review the feedback that you received from  @ffdixon ‌.  If so, did Fred's response help to answer your question?  Were you able to get in touch with Canvas support?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation?  Would you be willing to share what you've learned back here in this topic?  If you feel that Fred's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to assist you.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below.  I hope that's alright with you, Reni.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!