Conferencing with a Guest on Canvas

Jump to solution
christine_nicho
Community Novice

In this world of distance learning, I would like to know if it is possible to invite a guest to a Conference on Canvas (Big Blue Button) who is not listed in the course.  My 'people' in the course consist of students, parent observers, support staff, et al.  I have used Conference for online meetings with students and adults listed, but would occasionally like to include another person in the conference who would not otherwise be added to the roster (for example an outside consultant, a counselor, a guest speaker, et al).  For confidentiality, I would much prefer to use Canvas Conference rather than Zoom, if it is a possibility.  Thanks in advance for your response.

0 Likes
1 Solution
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @christine_nicho  Welcome to the Community! You're not alone in this and I believe you will find a thorough answer in the responses to this question, Inviting a Guest to Join CANVAS Conference. The short answer is that you will either need the premium tier of Big Blue Button or you will need to have the person in the course.

View solution in original post