Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbarnes1

Configuring Sub Accounts with Specific Configured LTI Tools and Courses

I am trying to better organize our LTI tools and courses in Canvas.  I have been reviewing the documentation and it looks like the best way to do this is to create sub accounts but I am not sure how to only allow some of our configured tools for the various sub accounts I have created.  There is some information about whitelisting apps in the EduAppCenter, is that where this is done?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@wbarnes1 , since this is a task that largely falls to admins, I've shared your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins?sr=search&searchId=b7ce9dae-110b-48ab-9797-abf2a6b7e21...‌ group. If you're not yet a member of that group, you can join by clicking on the link to the group and selecting Join Group from the Actions dropdown at the upper right of the page.

britain_woodman
Community Member

Good morning Wes,

Hopefully you've already gotten an answer by now, but you can go to a Sub-account's Settings/Apps to configure apps that appear only for that subaccount (just like a Sub-account's Settings/Admin will let you set admins just for that sub-account).

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @wbarnes1 ‌...

It has been over two months since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community, and so I thought I would check in with you.  Have you had a chance to review the above responses from stefaniesanders‌ and  @britain_woodman ‌?  If so, did either help to answer your question?  Or, are you still seeking assistance with your initial question?  If one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help, please let us know that, too, so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you with your question.  For now, because there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic since the beginning of March, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Wes!