cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnissen
Community Contributor

Consolidating groups, previous posts not moving?

Jump to solution

I created 4 groups of 6 students each for a discussion assignment, but sadly I had one group where only one student had participated. I decided it would be best to re-distribute that (mostly inactive) group among the other active groups. However, when I moved student from Group 1 to Group 2, her previous discussion posts did not move with her. I cannot see any way as an instructor that I can move her post or copy it, either. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jnissen ​, my only recommendation is to have the student resubmit her post to her new group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jnissen ​, my only recommendation is to have the student resubmit her post to her new group.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jnissen ...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question, and so I wanted to check in with you.  Have you had an opportunity to review  @kona ' reply?  I am hopeful that you were able to get this issue resolved, but if you still have questions about it, please come back to this thread to post a message below.  Also, if you feel that Kona's response has answered your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below.  I hope this is okay with you, Jill.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

jnissen
Community Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes, I asked the student to resubmit the post as Kona suggested. I will mark it as correct.

Thank you for following up!

Jill

dedwards4
Community Member

This isn't just a problem with peer groups. I use threaded discussions to organize online discussions. I spend quite some time building the various threads under a main discussion post, and then I invite students to respond to various threads, thus keeping the conversations organized as best we're able. When I copy a course to a new semester, I lose all those threads and have to copy/paste from the previous course. Can we not have a toggle-able option when copying a course that would allow some users to choose to include the discussion threads in the copying process? Then I'd only have to delete students' previous replies rather than rebuild my threaded discussions.