cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronmarx
Community Contributor

Control over Previous and Next Buttons from HTML?

When a page or other Canvas item that is part of a Module is displayed, the Previous and Next buttons are dynamically linked to the previous and next items in the module.

Is there a trick to gain access to those dynamic links without having to hard code the page ID#?

This question is related to an idea now in cold storage: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8612 

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ronmarx ...

I'm not sure of an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not following this group, you can use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button located at the top right corner of the screen.  Next to that button is also a button called "Actions".  Click on that button, and then select "Join group".  I hope this will be helpful to you, Ron.  Good luck!

ronmarx
Community Contributor

Thanks,  @chofer  , turns out I was not following that group, but I am now!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey there,  @ronmarx ...

I've been reviewing older questions here in the Community, and I thought I'd check in with you.  I'm sorry to see that your question hasn't really gotten any new activity since our last conversation in December 2018.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions on your own since you first posted this on December 6?  if so, would you be willing to share that with us here in the Community?  Or, if you are still looking for some assistance with this, please let us know that as well.  Hopefully by checking in, your question will move more to the top of unanswered questions so that someone would see it.  Although we may not have really found an answer for you right now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" in hopes that you've been able to find a solution and also because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about five months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Ron.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.