Convert Word quizzes to Canvas

Jump to solution
c3bb9c482db31f2
Community Explorer

Is it possible for Canvas to convert a Word document to quizzes. In today's environment, most of our on ground faculty have their quizzes in Word format that are given to students in hard copy. Now I have repeated requests to convert these Word quizzes to Canvas. I have been using Respondus 4.0 to convert but the demand is becoming great! I also heard that new quizzes will not support. Please help! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi c3bb9c482db31f22874ac3ff4fdbfa267d5de8ce862f685a0802caff34ae3eb5...

As you've mentioned, the Respondus Exam Authoring Tool is a great piece of software to upload several questions for a single quiz/test/exam all at one time.  In fact, I have written a blog post with lots of information about the software: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus‌.  Respondus does not work with New Quizzes at this time, so I think you'd first have to upload the quizzes via Respondus to old/classic Quizzes and then use the migration feature in Canvas to convert them to New Quizzes.  How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Marquita.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes