cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_starnes
Community Participant

Copy A Quiz

I have a colleague who wants to be able to copy an entire quiz from the "quizzes" page. Is this possible? The questions are not in a question bank, they were just created one at a time. Any help would be great. Thanks.

4 Replies
janieruddy
Instructure
Instructure

Yes, you can import content into a course.  It depends on whether or not the quiz your friend wishes to copy is inside of another course under their account or, if the quiz lives in another user's account.

If the quiz is in the same account but just a different course...

1. Click settings

2.  Import

3.  Canvas Course

4.  Select the course from the drop down menu.

5.  Click the box that says Select Specific Content.

6.  Click Import

At that point the import will appear in the que.  Select the button to choose the item(s) you wish to import.

If the quiz is in a DIFFERENT account...

1.  The person who owns the quiz would create an export.

2.  Settings

3.  Export

4.  Select Quiz

5.  Choose the quiz to export

6.  Create export.

This will create a download.  Email that download to the person who wants the quiz.  That person would then import this Canvas Export Package. Yea, I know... import an export package Smiley Wink

1.  Settings

2.  Import

3.  Select Canvas Export Package

4.  Choose file, select that file that was emailed

5.  Select All Content

6.  Import.

There you have it.  There are also several guides that can help you depending on which situation you are in.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @andrew_starnes ​...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any activity in this topic since September 12th.  Did the response from janiesolinski-ruddy​ help to answer your question?  If so, please go ahead and mark her answer as "Correct".  If you still have questions, however, please post those below.  I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies to this topic.  Thanks much, Andrew!

The scenario would be a simple copy of a quiz that is in my course already. If I open a quiz by mistake and a student takes the quiz, I can not close that quiz because a student has already taken it. I didn't know if there was a way to make a copy of the quiz already in my course so I could delete the quiz that was taken by the student early and open the new version that had no attempts tied to it. Thank you for your response it was helpful for the other scenarios you mentioned.

andrew_starnes
Community Participant

Thank you for the reminder. I followed up accordingly.