Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpuljak
Community Member

Copy Quiz Questions

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can copy quiz questions? Some questions are quite complex and it would be great to copy them and then change a few things?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gpuljak ‌, Here's the best way I know to copy quiz questions in Canvas -

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8694-duplicating-quiz-questions?sr=search&searchId=35fdaa6c...

Hope it helps!

kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @gpuljak ‌ - Yes, there is a way to do this, although I do not blame you for not realizing that this can be done.  Questions that YOU created will automatically appear in a Question Bank by the wonderful title of Unfiled Questions.  Information on accessing your question banks (as well as creating a new one) is covered here:  How do I create a question bank in a course? and here: How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank?   

This somewhat "magical" creation of a Question Bank was also covered recently in a discussion answer from  @James ‌ here: If I create a question in a quiz, will it automatically be saved into a question bank?  And another quiz expert,  @kona ‌, addressed a somewhat similar question here:  Adding Quiz Questions .  

So basically, you can import a question from a bank into your new quiz, and then re-edit the question (or answers) as you desire.  One caveat:  I have re-discovered (just now when experimenting, in fact), that the "new," edited question that you create based on an existing question will NOT automatically appear in the Unfiled Questions bank.  The bottom line here is that if you want to retain ALL questions that you create while administering quizzes, the quicker you learn about Question Banks and maintaining them, the better.  So be sure to check a few more articles covering questions banks in the Instructor's Guide section on quizzes.

Hope this helps!

kblack
Community Champion

Oh, geeeez!  How on earth did I miss that?!?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well... not like there isn't a huge amount of stuff in the Community or anything... 😉

gpuljak
Community Member

Awesome!! Thanks so much!

gpuljak
Community Member

Awesome!! Thanks so much!