cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krommenackerma
Community Participant

Copying Quizzes

Jump to solution

Is there an easy way to copy a quiz and edit it rather than recreating the entire thing?

Is the only way to do it: Settings>Import Course>Course Copy and then select the specific content to copy?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

HI  @krommenackerma ‌ - Yes, sir...you are basically correct.  You have to import it.  (I am assuming you are not using Quizzes.Next...I'm not sure about those, though a quick check of the documentation does not show anything specifically on copying.)

However, also take a look at this discussion (Which quiz is the copy? ) for some sage advice from  @kona ‌ on determining which quiz is the copy.  (Be sure to do this before you make the copy so that you can tell which quiz is the original.)

Hope this helps, Mark!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

HI  @krommenackerma ‌ - Yes, sir...you are basically correct.  You have to import it.  (I am assuming you are not using Quizzes.Next...I'm not sure about those, though a quick check of the documentation does not show anything specifically on copying.)

However, also take a look at this discussion (Which quiz is the copy? ) for some sage advice from  @kona ‌ on determining which quiz is the copy.  (Be sure to do this before you make the copy so that you can tell which quiz is the original.)

Hope this helps, Mark!

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@krommenackerma , to add on to  @kblack ‌'s helpful advice (thank you, Ken!), if/when you're using Quizzes.Next, you'll be able to duplicate a Q.N in the same fashion as you would an assignment. How do I duplicate an assignment? states, "Except for Quizzes.Next assessments, assignments configured as an external tool (LTI) submission type cannot be duplicated"—which is in effect saying that Quizzes.Next assessments are the exception to the rule and can be copied despite the fact that they're configured as an LTI. (Plus, I just tested it to be sure. Smiley Happy)

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @krommenackerma ...

In addition to the great feedback that you've received from  @kblack ‌ and stefaniesanders, I wanted to share a link I recently found called Copying items in a course which is located in the Instructional Designers group here in the Community.  It describes how to copy specific content into the same course you're already in.  If you're not follwing the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers group, please click on the group link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  Also, there's a link near that button for "Actions".  Click on "Actions", and then select "Join group".  I hope this will be helpful for you, Mark.

kblack
Community Champion

Thanks, Stefanie! I'll have to remember that!