Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbuxt10

Copying a quiz?

Jump to solution

How do I copy a quiz so I can alter it just a bit without changing the original quiz?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kbuxt10  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I found a previous thread with some links that should help to answer your question: Copying Quizzes.  Basically, you are going to want to use the Course Import Tool to copy a quiz into the same course.  I hope this information will help to answer your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kbuxt10  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I found a previous thread with some links that should help to answer your question: Copying Quizzes.  Basically, you are going to want to use the Course Import Tool to copy a quiz into the same course.  I hope this information will help to answer your question.

Shar
Community Champion

Hi Kelli Buxton,

If you are talking about copying a quiz in the same course, you can also just make a new quiz with the same questions because all the quiz questions are in a question bank.

Quizzes > More > Manage Question Banks see more at How do I create a question bank in a course? 

Your questions may be in an Unfiled Questions bank if you have not been using the question banks yet. And it may take you a bit to find the questions if you did not specifically name your questions. But that can be a blessing because you can now go into the original quiz and name those questions so that they are easy to find among the Unfiled Questions.

Questions in the unfiled bank

Once you find the quiz questions you're looking for you can copy or move them into a new question bank.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13068-415250750 

Dialog box to move or copy question into a new bank.

And then make new versions of those questions if you need to make adjustments.

Hope this information helps,
Cheers - Shar