cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glynch
Community Member

Copying assessment answers

Jump to solution

Is there a way to copy possible answers on an assessment (other than copying/pasting each line) so I do not have to retype them over and over again if students will choose from the same options for the entire quiz?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lse224
Community Champion

Unfortunately, no. If I was making a quiz with the same set of answers for every question I think I'd put those answers in the instructions for the quiz and then just use minimal text (like one letter or number) in the answer blank.

e.g. In the *instructions* put something like this. For each of the following questions, choose the letter/number that corresponds with the following answers:
A: World War I

B: World War II
C: War and Peace
😧 War, what is it good for?

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but it might save you some time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lse224
Community Champion

Unfortunately, no. If I was making a quiz with the same set of answers for every question I think I'd put those answers in the instructions for the quiz and then just use minimal text (like one letter or number) in the answer blank.

e.g. In the *instructions* put something like this. For each of the following questions, choose the letter/number that corresponds with the following answers:
A: World War I

B: World War II
C: War and Peace
😧 War, what is it good for?

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but it might save you some time.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

TextNoQuestion.jpgHi  @glynch ​...

I agree with lse224​.  The other thing you could do, instead of putting the text in the "instructions" of the quiz, would be to create a question with a type of "Text (no question)" that sits above the set of questions you want to ask your students.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@glynch ​, as you've no doubt discovered, this is not currently possible in a Canvas quiz, although lse224​ and  @chofer ​ have provided you with some workarounds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to look at the scope of the Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine​ project currently underway; it's entirely possible that one of the many features implemented as part of that massive project will ultimately allow us to use the same answer choices for as many questions as we'd like without having to re-key them every time. Smiley Wink