cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdaniels517
Community Member

Cost of single, paid subscriber?

Jump to solution

I am currently using the free teacher account on Canvas. In order to increase the amount of file storage I can use, I am interested in learning what the cost would be to pay for a subscription to Canvas for a single user. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @hdaniels517  (and a slightly belated)  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Canvas does not have a single user license plan.

The current course storage quota in Free for Teachers is 250MB. For what it's worth, even when I was using a Canvas account associated with a paying institution (and a course quota of 500MB), my course files never approached 250MB, even though my course content was media-rich. I managed file size by housing big items externally. Uploading videos to YouTube would be a good first step, and using Google Drive to host documents will also reduce strain on the course quota—and both of these are free options.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @hdaniels517  (and a slightly belated)  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Canvas does not have a single user license plan.

The current course storage quota in Free for Teachers is 250MB. For what it's worth, even when I was using a Canvas account associated with a paying institution (and a course quota of 500MB), my course files never approached 250MB, even though my course content was media-rich. I managed file size by housing big items externally. Uploading videos to YouTube would be a good first step, and using Google Drive to host documents will also reduce strain on the course quota—and both of these are free options.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post