cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhdzaid17
Community Member

Course Card–image upload error

Hi Team,

I am using Open Source Self hosted  Canvas LMS from Bitnami image and my application is deployed on Azure VM 

Below are my configuration details and problem description:

• Which version of the application are you using?: Canvas LMS : v2017.08.26.24-0

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, ...) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): Cloud Image Azure : https://azure.bitnami.com/

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: No

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results): I'm getting error message when I try to upload an image to the course card and

Error Message states that : "There was an error uploading the image."

Note: Size of the Image is of 262 × 146 pixel .PNG.

You can find more details of this ticket from bitnami community : Course--image upload error - Canvas LMS - Bitnami Community 

3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @mhdzaid17 , and welcome to the Canvas Community! Given the highly technical and specific nature of this question, I've shared it with theCanvas Developers group.  Unfortunately we don't have much direct experience with locally hosting Canvas but hopefully someone in the developers group will know more.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mhdzaid17 ‌,  I'm sorry that your question has been unanswered for so long! Are you still hoping to collaborate with someone in the Canvas Community? ...were you able to find a solution? If yes, what fixed the issue?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mhdzaid17 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you, I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 5, 2017.  It looks like  @scottdennis  shared your question with the Canvas Developers group, and  @klundstrum  checked in with you earlier this year.  You may have stumped the Community with your question.  Have you been able to find a solution on your own since you first posted this question in early December?  If so, would you be willing to share what you've found back here in this thread?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know by posting a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Mohammed.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.